Are you an international job seeker aspiring to live and work in the United Kingdom? Securing a job with a visa sponsorship can be your ticket to realizing this dream. Not only does it offer a pathway to professional growth, but it also provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich culture and diverse landscape of the UK. This extensive guide will delve deeper into the intricacies of visa sponsorship and explore various companies across different sectors currently recruiting with visa sponsorship.
Before we delve into the specifics of companies offering visa sponsorship, we must understand the basics. In the UK, visa sponsorship primarily falls under the Tier 2 (General) category, designed for skilled workers seeking employment there. To secure a Tier 2 visa, you must find a licensed company to sponsor skilled workers. However, not all companies listed on the register of licensed sponsors are actively sponsoring candidates. This guide will help you identify companies with valid licenses and those worth contacting.
Understanding the Register of Licensed Sponsors
The official register of licensed sponsors in the UK is a goldmine of opportunities for job seekers seeking visa sponsorship. The register is categorized alphabetically from A to Z, simplifying your search for potential employers. However, it’s crucial to differentiate between companies with active licenses and those with their licenses revoked or expired.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to navigate the register effectively:
1. Access the Register: The first step is to visit the official register of licensed sponsors on the UK government’s website. This is your gateway to exploring various companies that may offer visa sponsorship opportunities.
2. Filter by Category: Once on the register’s page, you’ll notice alphabet letters at the top. Click on the letter corresponding to your preferred category or sector, e.g., “A” for “Accountancy.” This will help narrow down your search, making it more efficient.
3. Explore the Listings: As you scroll through the listings, you’ll come across green ticks next to some company names. These green ticks are a beacon, signifying that the company holds an active license to sponsor skilled workers.
4. Avoid Red Flags: While exploring listings, be cautious of company names and red icons indicating issues such as “License Expired” or “License Removed.” These companies should be bypassed as they are no longer eligible to sponsor visas.
Companies Currently Offering Visa Sponsorship
Now that we have a better understanding of how to use the register let’s delve into various sectors and explore specific companies currently recruiting with visa sponsorship. Please keep in mind that the information provided here is based on the video transcript, and verifying the details on the official register is crucial.
1. Healthcare and Care Homes
- AK Arrow Care Homes: Located in Croydon, AK Arrow Care Homes is an excellent choice for healthcare professionals seeking visa sponsorship. They have a track record of sponsoring overseas workers. Link to AK Arrow Care Homes
- Almond Care Home: Situated in Leeds, Almond Care Home is another viable option for healthcare professionals. They have a strong commitment to hiring internationally. Link to Almond Care Home
- Abek Care Center: Abek Care Center, a prominent care home, actively sponsors candidates. This could be your opportunity to work in a nurturing healthcare environment.
2. Construction Industry
- List of Construction Companies from Register: The construction industry in the UK offers numerous opportunities. Explore various construction companies that may provide visa sponsorship.
3. Hospitality Sector
- List of Hotels and Restaurants from Register: The register provides a list of potential employers for those interested in the hospitality industry.
4. Accounting and Finance
- Zs Accountants Limited: If you’re an accountant seeking a role in the UK, Zs Accountants Limited is licensed to sponsor accountants. Link to Zs Accountants Limited
5. Charity Organizations
- List of Charity Organizations from Register: Some charity organizations may offer visa sponsorship for temporary work.
How to Approach Potential Employers
Identifying potential employers from the register is just the first step. Equally important is how you approach these companies:
1. Research: Visit the company’s website for insights into its values, culture, and job openings.
2. Update Your CV: Tailor your CV to emphasize your skills and experiences relevant to the position you’re interested in.
3. Write a Cover Letter: Craft a compelling cover letter that expresses your genuine interest in the company and demonstrates your suitability for the role.
4. Contact the Company: Contact the company via email or phone to inquire about job openings and visa sponsorship possibilities.
5. Follow-up: Persistence is key. Follow up with potential employers politely and consistently. Show your enthusiasm for the opportunity.
Securing a job in the UK with visa sponsorship is not just a dream but a tangible possibility. However, it requires patience, persistence, and a systematic approach. The register of licensed sponsors is your invaluable resource in this journey, helping you identify companies actively recruiting with visa sponsorship.